The world of a hardworking Work Experience co ordinator with a charity that helps disabled people to live independently. (The views on this blog are the personal views of Katie Fraser and not specifically Hertfordshire PASS)
Wednesday, 28 March 2012
A busy week
Have had a really busy week , first finishing my term with the children at Greenside, which has been a real eye opener , then secondly to say goodbye to my niece and my sister for a bit , and it has been lovely to have seen my niece do a lot of things and watch her develop while she has been at my dads , in the way of her sitting up on the sifa on her own (she's seven moths old by the way) and how that when she sees me she smiles , and is good at her eye and hand co ordination and it gets better each day. I remember once having to do child care at school as one of the subjects and watch a baby devlop , I now see what they were asking me to do in the task by watching a baby and write down how the child is developing at didfferent stages.
It has set me thinking how I keep developing each day in what I am doing at work , where each challenge or thing I do , is one step away towards feeling better about myself.
Given that I got an award for being the best staff member who achieved the aims of the organisation for my work at Hertfordshire PASS I was really honoured to recieve it , and it meant that if they believed me , I needed to crack on and believe in myself , and I now think of that award that sits on my desk , a lucky charm. Mind you I have several things on my desk and the award proudly dists amongst them.
I was reading my managers blog also , at http://www.nigelfenner.blogspot.com , which talks about the apprentice PA's we have had , coming into learn about being a PA to their apprentice employers and something he said in the last line made me reflect and think that we all need help , and that drives forward in our own development. It all boils down to seeing my niece , working with the children , and my work here at Hertfordshire PASS.
Another thing was that sometimes my self conscious mind can play me up , and that can have an effect on my development too
An example I think I wrote in the last blog post so you can see what I wrote there , and that was my self conscious mind playing up.
Anyway , must get back to working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment