Thursday, 17 May 2012

Striving to be a leader

Have had busy times dear bloggers in the fact that at Hertfordshire PASS we have been incredibly what with the Work Club starting up which has now merged with our old Summer Job Forum so as well as doing the Summer sessions between July and August we have adopted a new idea that we use techniques in enabling users to become more aware of the world of work by still keeping the hot seat guests to come and speak about their experiences of work unprepared without a script we do a work preparation activity which they will gain some understanding of when they attend sessions while still having our format of the summer sessions with the visitor once again and the creative media activity again. The other new thing is that we are being encouraged to think about a possible option which could be thought up if ever we want to leave Hertfordshire PASS in the fact that we could set up our own social enterprise and I have been attending workshops and events which are conceptual in this way and this week I have thought it be a viable option. One idea I have is because I love disability theatre and companies who do this such as AMICI and Graeae and others this would be a fascinating social enterprise for me to set up. Using my contacts might be some idea to gage what they love about their theatrical or dance performances whether it be the wierd,macabre,or just a strange and exciting conceptual piece that leaves people like me who are inspired by them to have them support me in thus venture and maybe advise me and work with me on changing perceptions in this matter of the mainstream world who may not have any understanding of why a performer in a wheelchair is rolling around dressed strangely or a performer with a disability that you can clearly see like a deformity is acting the part that you commonly see a person without a disability doing. People dont often understand why and we have to change perceptions to say to them that the disabled performer is making a living out of what they do. PHEW!!!! That statement might have shocked you coming from me but its how I feel!! I would also give a presentation to the people i know in the theatre business and get them to give me feedback on my idea Call it me wanting to stand on a stage if you will in front of those who i love as professionals in their line of theatre work and their faces be totally shocked or admiration for standing up for how I feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment