Saturday, 16 April 2011

Empowering but brilliant!

I thought I would write about the event I went to on Saturday 9th April which was Disability Lib's lovely conference which was all about DPO's "Building for the future" .

It started on Saturday on a beautiful sunny day in the heart of Birmingham at the UNiversity of Birmingham and we used a really nice room in the Baker building there.

Lots of emaothic and empowering things happened from campaigning , to question panels, and to us showing off our talents , by either songs, stories and poems.

The members of two disability organisations NCODP Youth Forum and Darlington Association of Disabilitty were also there in the morning to show off their powerpoint presentations of the work they had done and NCODP's fantastic Disabled Icons film were all there to create a fantastic impression of how disabled leaders (young) can achieve and be a voice in disabled people's organisations. There were also films from different organisations including a film made with us at Hertfordshire PASS of where I work and about how me and my colleagues helped shape ALLFIE's introduction to the apprenticeship bill with Lord Young the former apprenticeships minister.

All hosted by the lovely and charming host Liz Bentley made it a dream conference to attend and with my lovely colleagues at ALLFIE as well! Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment