Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Reasons To Be Cheerful

LOL you may think dear reader that the title of this post is about being cheerful and the reasons why , but unfortunately you would be wrong or maybe right , just don't know!

It simply is about a show that I went all the way up to Ipswich to go and see (yes I travelled far and wide), and got to Ipswich to see the show in their great,yet small theatre. So it was basically like a community theatre.

The show is about the work and life of Ian Dury and is based on it , as the main character Vinnie is a huge fan,of Ian himself and in 1979 where the play is set at , Vinnie begs his father and mother to see the show. Fantastic costumes , set, and exhaustive drumming by a certain lovely man Mat Fraser all make this play a joy to behold!

I especially enjoyed the songs and singing them to myself , the ones that I knew , and the other was because after the show I went downstairs to the reception where the cast members came out and met all of the audience to have pictures taken or just to chat to, and yes you've guessed it Mat came out and instantly noticed me standing there and oh my god he was fantastic, he gave me a huge hug and I gave him one too, then we chatted for a bit, but only a small conversation basically about his drumming in the show , it wasn't anything , major and we didn't really have a proper conversation. I really wished that we had a proper conversation as every time we chat,it just ends up being a few words about nothing really just silly things.

He cheekily introduced me to the rest of the cast and I turned around after that to chat to some people who I had met whilst waiting in the cafe before the show. I heard Mat talking about me to some audience members and that me smile,about how I had the same surname and we weren't related (yes that does annoy me when I get asked "are you related to Mat Fraser?" LOL! Happens every time! Ha! ha! ) , so that happened and then I was about to leave and I got an arm around me and a kiss on the forehead from his loveliness Mat, we said goodbye and I left.

Quite a few things happened on the way home but wont bore you with them except to say I was glad to get home after being overwhelmed,tired and emotional.

All these emotions were due to the fact that I had enjoyed being out and not feeling bad about things, and the fact that when Mat was being friendly with me I felt that I was safe and part of something great. To this day I will never lose sight of him doing all those things he did to me , as that made me feel a different person to how I normally am, and I felt all the bad things just wash over me to leave me feeling a better person. Thanks Mat!

Anyhow , Saturday was great except for late afternoon but all in all, the best show on earth and Graeae should be proud of themselves of putting on such a wonderful show. Its so good I'm definitely going a second time and maybe celebrate with Mat afterwards and have a proper conversation this time!


Post script! Just had my friends around who live at number ten near me , and they have just listened to my CD ., and they are hooked on Mat as well , they think hes fab! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new site colours-and the birds flying away to freedom...

    ReplyDelete