
Bloggers I have to write this post , as today I feel positive and more on my soapbox as normal.
It all started with emails sent to my email box from an organisation which I have joined as a member of,as Mat is their lovely and charming president and I have to thank him for letting me share my opinions with him and the fellow members about disability issues. These are important to me as I enjoy campaigning and sharing my thoughts on these issues. Yes my facts may be wrong but all the opinions I have are valuable.
Assisted suicide, transition to getting disabled people into work,bring them all on!!!!
I think that it is terrible when disabled people aren't listened to because their voices aren't heard in society and they feel that they cannot stand up for themselves.
This happens to me,as a person with a learning disability , feels her opinions aren't shared because I might not know all the facts,but I feel strongly about them and this is why I like people like Mat,Mik Scarlet,Clair Lewis,and ALLFIE. It's not because I have an obsession with people like Mat Fraser and Mik Scarlet it's because they inspire me to be a better person and I gain strength from reading their emails and messages and it has a positive effect on me.
All the organisations I have joined is because I want to support the work they do, and help or support them in some way.
I feel that I can speak up for myself and others who have disabilities.
To all my disabled brothers and sisters and colleagues ,
Keep up the good fight and live your lives as full as you can,you do a great load of work in this world and this blog post is dedicated to you who I adore in this world and my heart who make a stand about their lives and ours!!!
"Nothing about us, without us"
Visit my friends at
http://www.mikscarlet.co.uk
http://www.matfraser.co.uk
Brilliant post Katie... and glad you're enjoying the campaigning... Always good to get facts right as it helps with the cause.. As I always say, if I don't know, I sure know someone who does x
ReplyDelete