Dear all ,
have only been back two days already and started to plan the summer job forum this summer! I have great plans! I feel that the summer job forum was lacking in something so decided to throw in a theme for one of the last sessions in which we use a local theatre in Stevenage and have a backstage tour maybe! The Summer Job Forum happens each year and is organised by my very good self , to help enable young disabled people from 16 to 25 to "understand the reality of work" by using creative media. Regular users of Hertfordshire PASS and it's work will know that from previous Summer Job Forums , that it is a valuable step and journey into the forays of working and is a unique User Drvien scheme that we run here at Hertfordshire PASS , in which I put my own passions of theatre and creative media into it when organising it.
I have also been hearing a lot about the Sparticus Report which I'm not going into it now but if you know or have been hearing what it is about then you know I support it totally , it's about DLA/ government plans etc etc!
I also have been thinking about a voluntary opportunity which I have been invited to help out with at a local special school in Stevenage and will be having a taster day in the near future , on the 23rd of January , organised by Corali Dance Company.
I also have been enjoying hearing my colleague Patrick , on Radio Veralum , talking about our work , and maybe thought about appearing in Disability Now , or another form of marketing , if he can do it so can I! Take a listen to him and I think there is a link on our website in the news section at www.hertspass.com
We featured in a video which was very good , made with the assistance of ALLFIE which shows me , Patrick and Andrew being interviewed with the then apprenticeships minister Tony Young and Simone Aspis from the Alliance for Inclusive Education in which we are interviewed about his visit to us when we talked to him about our experiences of being apprentices and the Apprenticeship Bill which was passed in the House of Commons.
I hope that this year will be successful and to make it successful I will do the best I can to make the Summer JOb Fprum successful and even better than last year!
No comments:
Post a Comment