I feel compelled to write this post after yesterday and today really , as in Hertfordshire PASS I was attending a Use Driven Work Club steering group committee meeting , as we are having a Work Club in the new year in April, which will be run by the steering group committee , and will eventually help more young disabled people to become more employable. Certain things , were said at that meeting where they were all talking about their dreams and aspirations for the future , and today where a fellow colleague was discussing how she thought the others she works with , who are apprentice PA's and the apprentices have come a long way , by doing their EmployerABILITY project really fantastically , and its a journey that they are following to make it such a success.
It started to make me think about the long time it has taken me in life to accomplish the things I have , i.e living independently , struggling with emotional issues and being mature about the work I have been doing at Hertfordshire PASS.
A colleague told me yesterday about the use of language that I frequently use in where I say I am "having a go" or thinking I am being told off , is childish in my thinking , they are only meaning to give me constructive feedback , instead of it being childish , but me being the person I am , and the "bubble" if you can understand it that way , thinks that it is right , when its not.
I am a person who has always been brought up very over protacted , and that can lead to me saying things I dont mean. I even dont understand that accidents DO happen and not to swear and think its bad , because it is NORMAL for that to happen , yet my brain does not fully understand that. For example , when I hurt my finger in my hall cupboard door , the immediate reaction was to swear and get upset , yet my adult brain and nature said thats fine , after I had got to work.
My work colleagues should also understand that this is a natural me , and someone who wants to show them that I can be mature , and responsible , yet the side of me that thinks like an child can sometimes ruin my good self and work.
Therefore is to let me have my say , my opinion counts , and give me praise and constructive feedback by all means.
Anyway , must carry on with work ... hey ho!
Have a great christmas and a happy new year to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment