Dear all ,
Firstly must apologise for the lack of posting here on my blog , I have been busy with work , getting a Work Club planned for young disabled people aged 16 to 25 , which will be a way of them to be more employable , and create a journey into finding work.
It will be a pilot scheme , and we have had interest from Job Centre Plus who came down to visit our offices to talk about how they have enabled others to set up their own work club , and we were saying about how we were going to set up a completely different work club in the fact that it will be user driven , which Hertfordshire PASS aims to be , and we are and it will have the same format of our Summer Job Forum in the fact that instead of being where we have a creative session we would be focussing on work but still having visitors in the morning to share their experiences.
I have also been busy what with networking with others outside of Hertfordshire PASS in which I was invited to go and meet Martyn Sibley an entrepreneur that had set up his own website Disability Horizons where I was saying what I did , and he told me the work he was doing to promote equality in disabled people , and invited to join their site.
If I have learnt one thing , its that it's good to promote what you do to others , while still maintaining your work , and the work I am doing at Hertfordshire PASS is valuable in terms of getting disabled people and young disabled people to be more user driven in the way that they are living independently,in work, and being an employer. I sometimes wish that my brain would be able to focus and process this all the work that I am doing.
We now have our new project which is going fantastically well headed by our Access to Work team, both disabled and living independently themselves in their own flats with a PA nd the young disabled person employing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment