Dear bloggers I haven't updated this for a while as have had busy
time at work what with sorting and organising mentors which took a lot of hard graft I can tell you!
First battling with paperwork and then constant battles with my manager seemed bad in context but a steep learning curve for me.
I write this as Christmas is approaching and with hope I have to move forward from the job I do at the minute to having more responsilibity and a job change or partly a change as I will still do the summer job forum but will be the work experience
co ordinator where I find work experience for our apprentices and mentors plus one thing I have to
is blimming find funding for this summer job forum we do.
For those who don't know about the job forum listen carefully , sit comfortably whe I say this as this is interesting!!!
Every summer we at Herts PASS run a summer job forum for those who are sixteen to twenty five and that have a learning or physical disability. The idea of the job forum is that we hope by running it they "understand the reality of work by doing creative media" . It runs for six sessions and is on throughout the day on a consecutive weds. Visitors who are disabled and non disabled vistors are welcomed by us in the morning and they tell their work story and come completely unprepared so that they answer questions from our attendees
and that so they tell their story sponateously and then after lunch we use whatever we have gained from their work story in a creative media session, which is anything from drama, singing and art and craft.
By doing these activities it can be the best way of enabling young disabled people to share their experiences and opinions and by doing these activities it brings them out of themselves and they feel more assertive.
Mat and Mik are two visitors that have been fantastic to have had in our sessions and what we learned from them is brilliant!
I am hoping with funding from somewhere that people lime them will be able to come share their story but there's lots of things I would do with funding to help our job forum but that's another blog post in itself!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment